Wednesday 31 March 2010

New Blog

Catholicism of the Roman Variety:

This blog has the intention of furthering my appreciation for the Latin Church, including her unique spirituality, traditions and her presentation of the Faith handed on by Christ once for all to the Apostles. As Roman Catholics we have a rich heritage which we would do better to understand if we wish to deepen our love for our Lord Jesus and His Church which He founded upon the Rock, Saint Peter. My motivation is not one of haughty pride or even contempt for the Eastern Rite Churches in communion with the Holy Father, but simply an exploration of the beauty of the Latin Church and her place in the Catholic Church. After all, 'he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord' (2nd Cor. 10:17). My initial plan was to create a blog examining the distinct aproaches of the Roman and Eastern theologians, but I came across a stumbling immediately when I realised my knowledge of my own Church was seriously deficient. Now, this blog is my attempt to correct this lack of understanding.

'Hold firmly that our Faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you disolve the unity of the Church.' - Saint Thomas Aquinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment